Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: J3l to continental stc

J3l to continental stc 1 month 2 weeks ago #918

Where would I look to find information about the purchase of the stc to convert a j3l to use any engine on the a691 continental tc?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

J3l to continental stc 1 month 1 week ago #919

According to things I have read, the Babcock STC covers converting the J3L to use a Continental A65. However, there appears to be a procedure established by Piper for converting a J3L to a J3C, which would then allow use of any of the engines listed in the TCDS for the J3C. A related question would be, has your Cub been approved for the gross weight increase to 1220 lbs? It is a separate issue but worth considering, especially if you have the fuselage fabric removed.
Good Luck with your Cub!

J3l to continental stc 1 month 1 week ago #921

My j3 has not had a gw increase yet. It seems to have been stored in a barn since 1954.

J3l to continental stc 1 month 1 week ago #922

Wow! A real barn find. As I understand it, the gross weight increase for some of the early Cubs involves replacing the landing gear fittings with the later version. May be more complicated than that but certainly something that is better done while the fabric is removed.

J3l to continental stc 1 month 1 week ago #923

Absolutely! I was able to find the babcock stc you are speaking of. I've looked for months for information on both of these issues and haven't found a whole lot of info for either. It seems this stc covers the swap plus allows the gw increase after required mods. Can't thank you enough.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds